Saturday, January 21, 2012

A day with a Rolleiflex

I had the honour and pleasure to use the Rolleiflex 2.8E(Rolly), all thanks to Mr David who kindly lend me his copy.

So i was wondering why a Rolly is so sought after where there are lots of other TLR available in the market. The moment i hang this camera on my neck, it attracts lots of attention. Looking thru the viewfinder, i could see almost everyone smiling at the camera. It's really a chick magnet! The camera on its own is very charming!

IMG_9224

Pardon me for now blowing the dust away before taking this picture!
IMG_9226

IMG_9225

I compared with my mamiya c330 and the Rolly looked so refine like a gentleman beside it.
IMG_9217

IMG_9207

Obviously, the Rolly has a brighter VF.
IMG_9213

The only thing that i like my Mamiya is the ability to do close focusing! Its so amazing how close i can go with a TLR!
IMG_9218

So here are some shots that i randomly snapped at Chinatown. Using Lucky 100(One of the film that curl like mad), here are some lucky shots!

Shot at 2.8 mainly!
Untitled-Scanned-05

Untitled-Scanned-08

Untitled-Scanned-09

Untitled-Scanned-02

My personal opinion on this camera?? Well, its a very sturdy & reliable TLR like all german made stuff. Optics wise, perfect! But given the current market price for this camera(which i can trade for 3 minolta autocord), most probably i wont be buying it...definitely not now! :)

However, if you already own one! Treasure it, its definitely a gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment